Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I'm drafting this turkey into military service.

According to my holiday source, today isn't an actual holiday, just the birthday of the non holiday deserving President, and Mighty Morphin Power Ranger, Zachary Taylor. So as part of my Unofficial Zachary Taylor Day celebration, I will just talk about another president during my annual holiday tradition of "informing everyone around that George H. W. Bush was the first President to give a turkey an official pardon, not Harry Truman or Lincoln." Gail Collins will back me up on this. And Gail Collins never lies. Gail. Collins. Never. Lies.


Before George H. W., there were events with presidents and turkeys on Thanksgiving, but they were rough sailing for those turkeys.

Turkey getting the Johnson Treatment before getting the Johnson EATment


No comments:

Post a Comment